2019 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
Please read through the requirements and position descriptions below before submitting your application. Volunteering requirements include:
- A commitment to work 15 hours during the festival in your designated role. Your work is spread out throughout the duration of the festival.
- Availability for the entire duration of the festival from the evening of Wednesday August 14th through Sunday August 19th.
- $108 deposit (for new volunteers) or $45 deposit (for returning volunteers). For new volunteers we will refund your deposit, minus $45 on Monday August 20th after the successful completion of your volunteer commitment. That means you get to enjoy the entire festival for only $45!
- Bee Team members are responsible for their own housing, meals and transportation to, from and during the festival. Lucky for us, Steamboat Springs has an excellent free bus system but there is no camping in town so please pre-arrange accommodations. Reach out to our volunteer coordinator, Jessica Goldstein for additional support. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(PRE-FESTIVAL) These crucial volunteers help support our marketing and logistical efforts in order to make sure all festival components are ready to launch by August 14th! This is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in learning about the work it takes to organize and execute a festival and who may have or want experience with grassroots marketing and community outreach & engagement. Because this role may require more than 15 hours of commitment, our Brahma volunteers will receive a full $108 refund at the end of their volunteer commitment on August 20th, 2019.
Our Vishnu Volunteers operate as the maintainers of our festival, ensuring all logistical support and coordination happens smoothly and that the teacher and participant experience is enjoyable and easy. These volunteers embody different roles throughout the festival including site coordination, vendor and musician support, ticketing and merchandise and more. This is a great opportunity for first-time volunteers to get a taste of all the work that goes into managing a festival!
This year we are excited to launch our Team Shiva Volunteer experience for the first time. This is a unique opportunity to work in depth to support, and learn from, a master yoga teacher or presenter at our festival. Each Shiva Volunteer will be matched with one festival presenter and will serve as their point-person for the duration of the festival attending and supporting each of their classes (studio setup, check in, clean up), transportation around Steamboat, and generally curating their experience throughout the festival. In exchange, you receive one-on-one mentoring time with the yoga professional!! This incredibly opportunity is open only to those who are currently enrolled in, or have already completed, their 200 hour YTT, or to SMF returning volunteers. There are a limited number of spaces for Team Shiva participants and spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis and are accepted until all positions are filled. Please complete the entire application with full honesty and integrity so that we may best place you in the right position. We will do our best to accommodate your requests for specific assignment but cannot guarantee placement.
- Volunteers will be chosen based on their prior experience, professionalism, availability and enthusiasm.
- Payment of your deposit must be received to hold your placement.
- Please expect to complete a phone screening for Team Brahma and Team Shiva positions.
“Be the change…” get involved in the Movement. We are looking for houses, condos, and spare bedrooms available to house our talent for the weekend of the Steamboat Movement Fest. This is great opportunity to get involved on a deeper level. Get to know an incredible teacher, give back to the community, and receive passes as compensation. If you have a space you are willing to donate please email Kristen@movementfest.com. Thank you for doing your part to make this event happen and change the world.
This is a group for Steamboat Movement Fest’s Inner Movement Team. Interested in earning a FREE Movement Class of your choice just by sitting at your computer? Join to earn free classes in exchange for helping promote Steamboat Movement Fest. You can earn credit by promoting online (inviting friends to events, sharing posts, etc.) Credit counts toward qualifying classes at Steamboat Movement Fest 2017.